
Broome a place of contrasts, from the magnificent blue of the ocean to the dry rural a few minutes away. We drove to a mango plantation where I kept my hands in my pockets and didn't sample any food or drink, or even touch any soap. Didn't want to be sick but was envious of the others who sampled everything.
 |
| Matso Brewery (Ginger Beer) |
I can understand why people who have been to Broome say they want to go back, although I don't know that living there would be easy. Probably a bit like Groote Eylandt, which was great, and you made your own life, friends and activities. Fishing would be awesome. I'd probably be addicted to Ginger, maybe even get an allergy to that too, in the form of the Matso Brewery Ginger Beer. Very delicious and very alcoholic.
We didn't see the famous sunset. It was too cloudy and windy, even for the beach but we did have a yummy BBQ above the beach and more Ginger Beer. You might guess by now I enjoyed the beer. In fact every excursion ashore involved food of the locality. This wind was the precursor to the winds and seas we enjoyed sailing down the W.A. coast. It was deemed too rough to go into Exmouth so I didn't get to Yardie Creek Gorge, another time maybe. Perth next.
No comments:
Post a Comment