Saturday, March 26, 2011

Shanghai

What an interesting city Shanghai is.  A mixture of old and new.  Very modern and pockets of old.  Some of the old is only 50 years.  Sewerage system reminds of Greece even in tallest building but when in need...Did open top bus on day 1 and saw so much getting on/off at random wonderful.  A bit chilly 10 degrees @ 4pm.  Yestrday we did the MAGLEV train.  7 minutes to go 38klm @ 430klm/hr Magnetic levetating train no wheels super fast. We were docked a fair way out of the city as their water level in the river has dropped 9mtrs so no good for ships like us.  Has to be the busiest harbour I have or will ever see.

Sales on in the shops and I bought the warmest leggins I could find.  Mostly wool and possibly silk.  Had trouble converting to Yuen so I think they cost a fortune but by god they are warm.  "You wanna buy a watch" the most common phrase spoken in english.  A very friendly city.

No comments:

Post a Comment